As described below, some of your personally identifiable information is disclosed to Site visitors for use in the defined services of the Site.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
If you are just visiting our Site, we collect and store only the following information about you:
• The IP address of the terminal from which you accessed the Internet.
• The IP address of the Web site from which you linked to our Site.
• The date and time you accessed our Site.
EIW.com uses this information to determine the number of visitors to the different sections of our Site, and to help us make our Site more useful to current and future users. We do not obtain any other personally identifying information about you.
If you are a Seller, we will obtain the following additional information about you:
• A contact E-Mail Address.
• Some information to validate your identity to help you recover your UserName and/or PassWord, if neccessary. Such information can include "City of Birth", "High School Attended", "Mother's Maiden Name", or "Favorite Type of Pet".
• Your Phone Number, if you would like include this number in your classified ad.
• The date your Account was created.
• The date your Account was last edited.
• Information about the item or service, including the location (such as State, County, City, Zip).
2. HOW EIW.COM USES THE COLLECTED INFORMATION.
The above collected information is used per the following:
• Your Contact E-Mail Address is used for either EIW.com or the Site User to contact you regarding your products or services. EIW.com will not add your information to any marketing lists, and will contact you only for administrative purposes (activity that occurs or should occur within either your Account or any of your Ads). In order to protect the integrity of your E-Mail Address, it is not published for Buyers or other Site Visitors to see. Instead, EIW.com provides a contact form for the Buyer to use to contact you. EIW.com does this so that SPAMMERS (people who collect e-mail addresses and send unsolicited e-mail) cannot use their automated systems to read your E-Mail Address from the EIW.com Site pages.
• Any information collected for a Security Question and Response is used by the EIW.com Site only to determine your identity in order to provide you with your UserName and/or to create a new PassWord for you, should you ever lose your UserName and/or PassWord. EIW.com Administrators cannot determine your current PassWord, as it is encrypted before it is saved in the Site databases.
• If you provide a Phone Number, this information can be published on your EIW.com Listing Ad detail page, as a means for Buyers to contact you. EIW.com will only use this number to contact you if the Administrator was not able to contact you by e-mail and your Account or Ad(s) requires your attention.
• The "Account Created" and "Account Last Edited" dates are for use by the EIW.com Site Administrator to help determine the Account's activity status, to avoid deleting an Account that is currently in use, and to acquire Seller use metrics.
Additionally, cookies are used on certain pages of the Site. We offer certain features that are only available through the use of a cookie. Cookies are stored on your hard drive, not on the EIW.com Site. If your browser permits, you are always free to decline our cookies, but you may not be able to use certain features and may have to enter your information more often.
In shorter form, we do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party.
3. AGE QUALIFICATION.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our services. If you believe your child has errantly submitted personally identifying information to the Site, please send us an e-mail through the "Contact Us" page of the Site, with the UserName of the Account your child has created, or with the Ad information for any contact your child may have made with an existing Seller.
4. BUYER/SITE USER ALLOWABLE USE OF EIW.COM INFORMATION.
Our services allow Site Users to see some Seller information, such as a Phone Number or Mobile Number, and to contact the Seller by e-mail. This information is to be used only for the services provided on this Site, and is not to be used to contact the Seller for any other purposes.
EIW.com and its users will not tolerate any SPAM. No entity is licensed to add any EIW.com Seller, even one with whom you have transacted, to its mail (e-mail or physical) or phone list without the Seller's express consent after adequate disclosure.
5. PASSWORD SECURITY.
PassWords are encrypted on the EIW.com Site and the Site staff are not able to read a user's PassWord. No EIW.com Site staff member will ever request this information from you.
6. ACCESS AND MODIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION.
Only the Seller with control of his/her UserName and PassWord, and the Site Administrator can access and modify the Seller's Account information. Additionally, only the logged-in Seller and the Site Administrator can access and modify each of the Seller's Ads.
7. INFORMATION SECURITY.
EIW.com provides safeguards for the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet.